Friends, we at MOCPS are excited to have you join us in April for another great patient safety conference experience Tuesday, April 17, 2012 at the Stoney Creek Inn in Columbia, Missouri! This year’s Conquering Chaos – The Humanity and Science of Safe Care brings national and state experts together to network and learn strategies to meet the ever increasing challenges of providing safe care!
Our Keynote Panel from St. Johns in Joplin will present The Joplin experience: maintaining the focus – safety during chaos.
Panelists from St. Johns will share their insights, tips and lessons learned in maintaining the safety of their patients and staff, and navigating the regulatory maze during the deadly May 2011 tornado.
Additional Conference Objectives:
• Examine successful disaster preparedness strategies, challenges, and learning to maintain patient and staff safety during and after disasters
• Describe the impact of human factors on patient care
• Discuss the importance of teamwork and communication in providing safe care
• Examine how proven successful safety practices can be replicated
• Discuss with industry leaders safety-of-care issues, applicable to any healthcare setting