Providing Federal Confidentiality Protection for Your Safety and Quality Improvement Work
Upcoming EMS Patient Safety Conference in May 2013! Find out more
EMS PSO Participants enter here (password protected)
Misplaced your password? Email Alex Christgen and include “EMS password request” in the subject line.
Many states around the nation do not provide adequate confidentiality, or peer review protections for EMS agencies and providers. A solution to overcome this barrier comes to you from a Patient Safety Organization – the Center for Patient Safety. We offer federal-based confidentiality protection for your safety and quality improvement work.
What Can Your Agency Protect?
- Trip review documentation (For example: communication/feedback to your staff about their performance; focused reviews of traumas or codes)
- Documentation and conversations related to investigations of incident reports
- Internal studies on medication and other types of errors
- Case reviews by your agency’s Medical Director
- Quality and other committee meeting minutes
- Most any electronic or paper documentation, notes, and data related to your agency’s safety and quality improvement processes
Benefits of Working with CPS
The CPS is a leader in PSO services for EMS providers, delivering protection solutions since 2009. We are currently working with over 60 ambulance services, giving CPS the knowledge and experience to appreciate the unique qualities of your EMS agency. We offer a data system customized for EMS medical error data collection needs, capturing the challenges of pre-hospital patient care.
In addition to having access to our EMS data system, as a participant with CPS, you will receive:
- Guidance on developing your service’s policies for working with the PSO and assistance with setting up your Patient Safety Evaluation System
- Educational webinars to increase your knowledge and understanding of working with the PSO
- Ability to access service-specific reports for analysis and comparisons
- Resources to help you assess your agency’s culture of safety and learn what actions can improve the safety culture
Fees for PSO Participation
Our fee schedule is reasonable and based on your agency’s annual call volume. Contact us for more information.
Where do I begin?
Participation with the CPS PSO begins with a contract. The contract establishes your relationship with the PSO, expectations, and your agency’s intent to report medical error data to the PSO. Our staff will assist you with understanding the contract and begin your initial education on PSOs and what you need to know to work with us. Contact us today for more information!
Want more information?
- Find out more about the Missouri EMS PSO Project
- Read the latest EMS PSO Newsletter
- What other EMS agencies are currently participating with the Center for Patient Safety for PSO services?
- Find out more about Just Culture – is your agency ready?