The Center for Patient Safety’s Annual EMS Patient Safety Conference was a success! We had great speakers who brought new ideas and concepts that helped stretch the imagination of those attending.
- David Williams from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement shared the Plan-Do-Study-Act method for organizational change and success.
- Tom Judge, Executive Director of Lifeflight of Maine having years of EMS experience, offered practical advice regarding the changes that he has witnessed in EMS. He also discussed how organizations can utilize a culture of safety to help manage risk.
- Michael Bachman from Wake County EMS in Raleigh, NC shared his insights and experience regarding the coordination of patient safety using mobile integrated healthcare, focusing on “For the patient, not to the patient”.
The Center is pleased to announce the date of our upcoming annual EMS Patient Safety Conference, scheduled for November 12, 2014. This conference is expected to be bigger and better than previous years, bringing national EMS experts together to share strategies to improve patient safety, highlight successful practices and provide broad networking opportunities to share successes and challenges. 7 CEUs available for attendees.
We invite you to register to attend or visit our conference page for more information!
Conference highlights include:
- David Williams, Institute for Healthcare Improvement Faculty will present Plan-Do-Study-Act
- Tom Judge, Executive Director at Lifeflight of Maine will present Safety Culture and Management of risk
- Michael Bachman from Wake County EMS in Raleigh, NC will present the Coordination of Patient Safety in Mobile Integrated Healthcare
- And much more!
Limited sponsor/vendor opportunities are still available – Sign up today!
The Center for Patient Safety is joining Patient Safety Awareness Week this March to acknowledge:
“Safe Care is Our Focus, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year”
In recognizing the year-round efforts to improve safe care, the Center is raising awareness by providing tools and resources for healthcare providers and consumers for Patient Safety Awareness Week! This is how…..
- Patient Safety Awareness Week Toolkit – a downloadable, customizable resource for healthcare organizations to raise awareness about patient safety efforts – banners, posters, tent cards, buttons – and tips to help you get started! VIEW and DOWNLOAD
- Consumer Tips for Safe Care – highlighting consumer guidance and resources
- Eighth Annual Patient Safety Conference, Safe Care: Our Focus 24/7/365, on March 21 in St. Louis. In-person and live streaming options available! For more information or to register, visit www.centerforpatientsafety.org/2014conference.
Did you miss our live conference during Patient Safety Awareness Month in March? It’s not too late to bring these nationally recognized speakers to your organization! Hot patient safety topics from top speakers in the field: Dr. Robert Wachter, James Conway, Second Victims, The Emily Jerry Story, and more!
Take advantage of this opportunity and continue the focus on patient safety 24/7/365!
Select from one or more sessions and receive downloadable recordings to use for training, at your next safety meeting, or to distribute house-wide at your organization(s). There is no limit to the number of times each recording can be viewed!! Find out more!
National Speakers – Important Topics!
Join us in March 2013 as we recognize Patient Safety Awareness Month with a series of five “live & interactive” virtual conference sessions, each centered on important safety topics and presented by national speakers. You choose your combination of 90-minute sessions throughout the month of March, or attend them all!
We’re excited to offer this new and virtual format so you can share the experience with colleagues! Although we’ve altered our format from past conferences, we’ve not swayed from our commitment to providing high quality presenters for important safety topics. One registration now allows an unlimited number of participants at any one location to attend these valuable sessions, so plan ahead and invite others to join! Visit our conference web page to learn more about the conference session speakers and topics.
A downloadable Patient Safety Awareness Recognition Toolkit containing tips and resources to help you easily and successfully celebrate safe care at your organization is also available. The Toolkit includes ideas for celebrating Patient Safety Awareness Month at your organization and customizable templates for banners, posters, tent cards and buttons to help you spread the word about your organization’s focus on safe care! Register Today!