Posted in Patient Safety Conference, PSO Posted December 16, 2014
The latest newsletter from the Center for Patient Safety PSO contains the latest highlights on Safety Alerts, Success Stories from real hospitals, information on Patient Safety Awareness Week 2015, and much more!
PSO Alert: Morphine v Midazolam.1
Safety Watch: Emergent Situations.2
Joint Commission Alert.3
Health IT Safety Webinar.3
Patient Safety Awareness Week.8-9
PSO Data Update.10-11
Read this newsletter or download any of our archived newsletters.
The Center for Patient Safety’s Annual EMS Patient Safety Conference was a success! We had great speakers who brought new ideas and concepts that helped stretch the imagination of those attending.
- David Williams from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement shared the Plan-Do-Study-Act method for organizational change and success.
- Tom Judge, Executive Director of Lifeflight of Maine having years of EMS experience, offered practical advice regarding the changes that he has witnessed in EMS. He also discussed how organizations can utilize a culture of safety to help manage risk.
- Michael Bachman from Wake County EMS in Raleigh, NC shared his insights and experience regarding the coordination of patient safety using mobile integrated healthcare, focusing on “For the patient, not to the patient”.
The Center is pleased to announce the date of our upcoming annual EMS Patient Safety Conference, scheduled for November 12, 2014. This conference is expected to be bigger and better than previous years, bringing national EMS experts together to share strategies to improve patient safety, highlight successful practices and provide broad networking opportunities to share successes and challenges. 7 CEUs available for attendees.
We invite you to register to attend or visit our conference page for more information!
Conference highlights include:
- David Williams, Institute for Healthcare Improvement Faculty will present Plan-Do-Study-Act
- Tom Judge, Executive Director at Lifeflight of Maine will present Safety Culture and Management of risk
- Michael Bachman from Wake County EMS in Raleigh, NC will present the Coordination of Patient Safety in Mobile Integrated Healthcare
- And much more!
Limited sponsor/vendor opportunities are still available – Sign up today!
The Center for Patient Safety is joining Patient Safety Awareness Week this March to acknowledge:
“Safe Care is Our Focus, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year”
In recognizing the year-round efforts to improve safe care, the Center is raising awareness by providing tools and resources for healthcare providers and consumers for Patient Safety Awareness Week! This is how…..
- Patient Safety Awareness Week Toolkit – a downloadable, customizable resource for healthcare organizations to raise awareness about patient safety efforts – banners, posters, tent cards, buttons – and tips to help you get started! VIEW and DOWNLOAD
- Consumer Tips for Safe Care – highlighting consumer guidance and resources
- Eighth Annual Patient Safety Conference, Safe Care: Our Focus 24/7/365, on March 21 in St. Louis. In-person and live streaming options available! For more information or to register, visit www.centerforpatientsafety.org/2014conference.
Did you miss our live conference during Patient Safety Awareness Month in March? It’s not too late to bring these nationally recognized speakers to your organization! Hot patient safety topics from top speakers in the field: Dr. Robert Wachter, James Conway, Second Victims, The Emily Jerry Story, and more!
Take advantage of this opportunity and continue the focus on patient safety 24/7/365!
Select from one or more sessions and receive downloadable recordings to use for training, at your next safety meeting, or to distribute house-wide at your organization(s). There is no limit to the number of times each recording can be viewed!! Find out more!