The Joint Commission has issued a new sentinel event alert: Safe Use of Opioids in Hospitals. Although hospital patients may need the strong pain relief that only opioids can provide, a Sentinel Event Alert issued yesterday by The Joint Commission urges hospitals to take specific steps to prevent serious complications or even deaths from opioid use. MORE
2013 Annual Report Now Available
- Banding Together - for patient safety
- CUSP/Basics of CUSP
- CUSP/Communication & Teamwork
- CUSP/Stop BSI
- CUSP/Stop CAUTI
- Fall Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Project
- IOM’s To Err is Human Report - 10th Anniv.
- Medication Safety - “My Medicine List”
- Missouri Just Culture Collaborative
- Missouri Safe Surgery-Saves Lives DASH!
- Patient Safety Awareness Month
- Protecting 5 Million Lives
Missouri HEN (#mohen)
Be a Safety Sponsor!
Want more information?