The Joint Commission has issued a new sentinel event alert: Safe Use of Opioids in Hospitals. Although hospital patients may need the strong pain relief that only opioids can provide, a Sentinel Event Alert issued yesterday by The Joint Commission urges hospitals to take specific steps to prevent serious complications or even deaths from opioid use. MORE
Sign up for Updates!
View PSO Safety Alerts
- Banding Together - for patient safety
- CUSP/Basics of CUSP
- CUSP/Communication & Teamwork
- CUSP/Stop BSI
- CUSP/Stop CAUTI
- Fall Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Project
- IOM’s To Err is Human Report - 10th Anniv.
- Medication Safety - “My Medicine List”
- Just Culture Collaborative
- Safe Surgery-Saves Lives DASH!
- Patient Safety Awareness Week
- Protecting 5 Million Lives
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Be a Safety Sponsor!
Want more information?