The Joint Commission has issued a new sentinel event alert: Safe Use of Opioids in Hospitals. Although hospital patients may need the strong pain relief that only opioids can provide, a Sentinel Event Alert issued yesterday by The Joint Commission urges hospitals to take specific steps to prevent serious complications or even deaths from opioid use. MORE
Sign up for Updates!
- Banding Together - for patient safety
- CUSP/Basics of CUSP
- CUSP/Communication & Teamwork
- CUSP/Stop BSI
- CUSP/Stop CAUTI
- Fall Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Project
- IOM’s To Err is Human Report - 10th Anniv.
- Medication Safety - “My Medicine List”
- Missouri Just Culture Collaborative
- Missouri Safe Surgery-Saves Lives DASH!
- Patient Safety Awareness Month
- Protecting 5 Million Lives
Missouri HEN (#mohen)
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Be a Safety Sponsor!
Want more information?