National Time Out Day raises awareness of the need to conduct a time out for every patient, every time. National Time Out Day began in 2004 as an awareness campaign by the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) and is supported by The Joint Commission, the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Council on Surgical and Perioperative Safety (CSPS) for its ability to increase awareness of safe practices for patients undergoing surgical procedures. This year, the AORN encourages evaluation of your time out procedure and how it fits into your broader patient safety efforts. Missouri Center for Patient Safety recognizes time outs as a best practice for reducing surgical errors.
2013 Annual Report Now Available
- Banding Together - for patient safety
- CUSP/Basics of CUSP
- CUSP/Communication & Teamwork
- CUSP/Stop BSI
- CUSP/Stop CAUTI
- Fall Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Project
- IOM’s To Err is Human Report - 10th Anniv.
- Medication Safety - “My Medicine List”
- Missouri Just Culture Collaborative
- Missouri Safe Surgery-Saves Lives DASH!
- Patient Safety Awareness Month
- Protecting 5 Million Lives
Missouri HEN (#mohen)
Be a Safety Sponsor!
Want more information?