Missouri Center for Patient Safety believes transparency drives culture change. Only when senior leaders are visibly committed to change and when they enable staff to openly share safety information, will staff members be willing to report adverse events and unsafe conditions because they fear reprisals or believe reporting won’t result in any change. Senior leaders must drive the culture change by demonstrating their own commitment to safety and providing a “safe” environment for reporting. Read the white paper written by Becky Miller, MOCPS Executive Director, and Susan Kendig, JD, MSN, WHNP-BC, FAANP, titled, “Patient Safety Organizations and Transparency: Working Together to Improve Patient Safety,” now available at www.mocps.org.
Sign up for Updates!
View PSO Safety Alerts
- Banding Together - for patient safety
- CUSP/Basics of CUSP
- CUSP/Communication & Teamwork
- CUSP/Stop BSI
- CUSP/Stop CAUTI
- Fall Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Project
- IOM’s To Err is Human Report - 10th Anniv.
- Medication Safety - “My Medicine List”
- Just Culture Collaborative
- Safe Surgery-Saves Lives DASH!
- Patient Safety Awareness Week
- Protecting 5 Million Lives
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Be a Safety Sponsor!
Want more information?