Almost 8,000 total sentinel events have been reported to TJC since 1995. The majority of reports were submitted by hospitals (64%), 62% of the total reports resulted in patient death, and the most prevalent types of events reported through this voluntary reporting system are wrong-patient, wrong-site, or wrong-procedure, and unintended retention of a foreign body. Leadership, human factors and communication were identified as the most frequently identified root cause of such events.
- Banding Together - for patient safety
- CUSP/Basics of CUSP
- CUSP/Communication & Teamwork
- CUSP/Stop BSI
- CUSP/Stop CAUTI
- Fall Prevention
- Hand Hygiene Project
- IOM’s To Err is Human Report - 10th Anniv.
- Medication Safety - “My Medicine List”
- Missouri Just Culture Collaborative
- Missouri Safe Surgery-Saves Lives DASH!
- Patient Safety Awareness Month
- Protecting 5 Million Lives
Missouri HEN (#mohen)
Be a Safety Sponsor!
Want more information?